Friday, October 25, 2019

FINDING INNER JOY


Hello, I'm Patience, just in case you are new to the blog and welcome aboard this reality-ship.



 As you can tell already from the title, I want us to dive into something that is a bit 'spiritual' or whatever you may want to call it. The road to finding inner peace, calm and unconditional joy. Sounds like the usual but it's not, because joy is something bigger than happiness, excitement and anxiety.

For so many years, I was always on a roller coaster ride trying to "find" happiness. The more I chased it, the more it eluded me. You think I didn't do enough to earn it? No, I gave the hunt my all. And in the end, I would sit still and analyse the whole game, and find out 'i only did whatever I did to make people be what I thought would spark off my happiness alarm.

In so doing, I practiced pleasing people(just so I could earn the same in return) which never happened. I looked forward to giving people gifts on their special days so they could remember to do the same for me on mine, but that too was only but a wild goose chase.

I worked so hard to be the peace maker, to fix whatever was broken, even when it was none of my responsibilities..just so, maybe at one time, someone would fix me, but that, was like expecting manner falling from the heavens in this day and age. Expectation was all I had, looking forward to getting a call that would make me happy, waiting on someone to do something good so I could feel good, being anxious about something I'm about to achieve so I can recognize my self worth. And the list goes on and on and on.



Recently, I have learned to come to terms with finding joy and staying calm amidst the raising tides. I have learnt that there is nothing, no body that can even try to satiate my longing for happiness, it must all begin from within. I must say, I'm still struggling, but each time I notice my relapse, I try and jerk out of it ASAP.

I have learnt that when you expect less, you start your journey to healing your anxiety and making peace with having less. It's hard, I won't lie but it takes the satisfaction in being fully okay, even when nothing is okay, to realize how much peace you create around and within yourself after you let go of laboring hard to fill the void within.

I have learnt to count on MYSELF and less on people, self reliance is all I ever needed to have. It's all you need to learn. Right now, I pleasure more the achievements I have brought myself to, than a night out with buddies. It's not because I don't like night outs, but when I look back at the battle I fought in my head to stop drinking, I appreciate ME, it feels me with great joy and no body can take that away. Because I didn't do it for anybody or a dare, it's an ultimate satisfaction for me. That's what inner joy is.

Even when I'm exhausted from work and the day's struggles, deep within me I feel okay, because I'm not waiting on my mum to call and say sorry about me getting tired. No, I feel okay because I have learnt to be joyful. Happiness can be short-lived; when you get a promotion at work, win a contest, get clearance for a document you badly need...all that makes us happy but does it take away the fact that we still want someone to notice and compliment our new hairdo so we can feel okay? No, it doesn't! And that's the chain that still leashes us to the endless road of searching for happiness.

Knowing and acknowledging that we are enough to be US, is yet another square in finding joy. Learning to appreciate US without seeking anyone's approval will save us the hurt of getting none. If you don't need validation from your peers for carrying yourself a certain way that gives you peace, that's securing your joy, and learning to be un apologetically YOU.

A few months ago, I had issues with someone playing video games for three hours, when I wanted us to do something else...but then I realized, I clearly don't necessarily need someone's company, them talking to me, just so I can have a good night's sleep. Because that's what makes them happy, and my role here is to fix my own self. I can't wait up for some prince in dazzling gold bling chains to offer me a dance, what if he never appears? Am I then, going to bury my head in the sand and weep just because I'm alone, NO ma'am, NO sir, I'm gonna get myself together, shake off the dust and carry on with nothing but ME!

I'm joyful because my heart has a lot to leap for.


Inner joy is knowing that the situation outta your door is not pleasing, but you look in the mirror and proclaim a calm day ahead. Because you have something sweeter on the inside to be happy about, than this tough situation you are about to face. There is joy in knowing that even when we lose, we are still part of the team and the games have only but just begun.

There is joy in seeing our enemies succeed and even when we can't be overly happy for them, at least we can be happy with them. It takes a lengthy soul search to come to terms with such situations. They may not necessarily be what we want to see, but we reserve the hate, just so we can keep our joy. That's how it works, for ME!

Lastly, I must attribute this whole thing to growth and maturity. With each passing year, I notice that the happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they make the best of of anything. And so I chose to follow suit, to treasure each moment at hand and look less at the lacking part. If you still have a roof over your head, you are breathing, find joy in appreciating the heavenly father who doesn't look forward to us doing good so he can do good for us too.

Well, I don't know what you believe in, but I personally find joy in visualizing how no earthly power could have saved me in a certain situation but only God must have dragged my sorry ass out of the mess. And no body, nothing can steal that from me. Let's relax and be joyful, why accumulate all those wrinkles on our faces anyway?
Love, Patience✌️

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yap,....years are catching a momentum,...we need to be more 'spiritual' if you know what i mean.

      Delete
  2. That sounds shared from a live experience though am getting to know the mysterious part of yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't mind people knowing my mysterious 'parts' because who knows they will discover the same about themselves and change for the better. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. And thanks sooo much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inner Joy, inner joy, inner joy.
    Oh inner joy.
    What a joy you are!
    I call you joy because you are the best thing that can happen to mankind.
    You bring ultimate satisfaction and fulfillment.
    I love you so much Inner Joy.
    I love my sister to for finding you, and falling in love with you.
    You are a joy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling ❤️, what can I say? I'm grateful for your support. Mwaa!

      Delete
  5. Something here caught my attention and that is pleasing people, doing good to them expecting the same in return. The more you do it the more they disappoint you. Now I don't give because I expect something in return. I give because I have to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, before we all get to that place, of knowing that people don't necessarily have to return favors, it takes time. Lucky for you, you now understand that concept. It took me time, if im being honest.

      Delete
  6. This blog just speaks so much to me! Pleasing people, expectations. It's all too much drama, I think people should priotize on pleasing themselves first really... Nice one Patie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. You see, many a times we put everything else first except ourselves. In doing so, we expect some people to also somehow...make us a priority,...which is never the case. So how about we commit to making ourselves happy and fulfilled before we look for that in others!

      Delete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...