Thursday, June 11, 2020

MY FIRST TIME IN KAMPALA: EPISODE TWO

A CHALLENGE A DAY, KEEPS PATIE AWAKE, BUT SO DOES LOVE!

So, due to an overwhelming demand that i couldn't possibly ignore, i will give y'all a part two of the story. Your reactions to last week's blog were hard to neglect, everyone literally noticed that the piece was incomplete! I had comments from various people asking me for part two, or a mini series of the whole thing-which i'm still thinking about. Others told me to ask the guy who distracted me, to STOP, haha.



For starters, i want you to know that 2013 was a huge transition for me, from a kinda naive girl who had just completed senior four in a single school on the Catholic hill of Nyamitanga, a girl who had VIRTUAL boyfriends from Chaapa, Ntare, Jovoc, Muntuyera...well, they were 'Number-Mates' who, after sometime i grew fond of and eventually attached my freaking love feelings, emotions and fantasies to. Don't worry, they reciprocated the same, haha.

So, the hostel where i resided had both genders; boys on the lower floor section and girls on the upper. It was a kind of free range system where animals moved freely without anybody peeking on their business. It was some kind of a new thing to experience.

Some of your comments


This one night, during the second week of the semester, i lost sleep, like i always do, so i decide to move to the balcony to catch air.

While i leaned on the cold metallic rail whose paint was wearing off, i turned to the corner at the far end of the balcony where two lovers were enjoying a moment. While my head reasoned out that i should take a french leave, my heart was wrestling against all odds- putting a weight on my feet and keeping me glued in one spot. Now, you can call me a nerd or whatever, but i actually stayed, since they weren't bothered anyway.

At 2 am, after 47 minutes of bizarre stares that i kept stealing at the couple, i thought i was ready to move away. To go get a life! But i probably wasn't. I hadn't recognized the male figure, whose hands caressed the girl's back in a tight embrace they were sharing. For some reason my heart was enjoying my awkward stay at that particular spot where, in my damn head, i was loving the fact that two people can be in love, create memories that can last a life time and care not about a stranger, who just couldn't break free from the bondage of being an unintentional third wheel.

The girl sort of pushed the guy aside, whose fully built physique outshone the flimsy excuse of the grey vest he wore, creating a bit of distance between them before she leaned forward, raising to her fore toes as she threw, (like literally threw) her lean body with a subtle thrust on to this long muscular torso whose shape fit perfectly the description of a guy i had only read about in a romantic novel-That Old Devil Moon. I gazed at the empty road, trying to be less weird, only to be interrupted by the careless whisper that escaped their mouths as they kissed ever so passionately.

This was kinda savage!


I wasn't sure of anything anymore, whether i was seeing this happen, or if i was just having a fantasy dream. The metal rail had become warm then, it didn't feel cold anymore, i wanted to leave, honestly, but i wanted to stay too, curiously. To be the eye witness to this lovely moment that not even Leonardo DiCaprio would recreate as perfectly as it was manifesting before my eyes.

These two came through too.


Time check; 2:55 am, and my world was still rolling. The lovers were standing still, his chin lowered onto her neck, both staring into space. They didn't talk, their bodies, i think, were taking over the role entirely. I might have lost sense of time and everything else, before my silly phone slipped of my hands, free falling carelessly on to the floor. I crouched forward to pick the phone when i caught a glance at four feet heading for the corridor, hand in hand, his arm wound tightly at her waist as they swayed off.

I squatted, and for the first time, i touched my cheeks- rock cold, it was 3 am and the nightly winds didn't spare me. I know you thinking i was a jerk or something, didn't mind my business, but i had a reason. Actually, i got to recognize this guy when she pushed him. His long jawline and clear temples weren't unknown to me. We had attended the 'radio presentation' lecture together.

He stood out in some kinda way and i guess i was starting to maybe like him or something. If i am being honest, he fit the physical fantasies i ever wanted to encounter. But here i was, seeing him with some girl. I didn't even know if they had dated for long- i was new, a fresher sort of. I was naive and i usually lived with my heart and used less of my head when it came to such spheres of life.

I grew sad,....sad that he was a taken guy, and there would never be a chance, EVEN WHEN I KNEW CLEARLY THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT MY MERE EXISTENCE. My situation was silly, sad, irrational and all the above. How would i even ever explain to somebody that i was falling for someone with whom i had even never talked? Silly, right? Bottom line is;

IT WAS OVER BEFORE IT EVEN BEGAN. My relationship status, instead of being: IN A RELATIONSHIP  to IT'S COMPLICATED then probably to SINGLE AGAIN,...it just flipped at once: Single to Single Again,...in one night. It was complicated before it had a chance to be and i didn't wait to let my heart hoover around in what never really was, after two months, it was "IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE WHO REALLY EXISTED!"

Let me know about your silly love fantasies,.....that was one of mine, when i still had an inch of a 'cultured girl illusion' kind of belief in love.




10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, just like everyone else has that part of them that's still under construction!
      Thanks for reading 😊

      Delete
  2. I didn't know that ladies can fall for us silently, haha i love this, me i can't even stay for a minute. 3rd episode highly needed, because this beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies are human too. And yes, they do fall for "u".

      Just keep up with the blog, let's wait on E3!

      Delete
  3. Naye kati nze am wondering. Like you said it was free range system, instead of them doing it outside, why didn't they enjoy themselves inside of their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they didn't have a problem until I showed up. It was 2 am so, they were probably in the right place, I was there at the wrong time, haha.
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. It Whatreminds me of Shakespeare's statement in 'Hamlet' if I still recall.

    "What is love when love is not love"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha.....yes, sometimes it's hard to define, even harder when you don't know if love will bloom, you are not yet sure of your field,.....complicated just! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. I'm reading this late and I'm sorry, just had a lot on my plate but as the cliche goes, better late than never... Anyhoo about episode 2 of Patie in Kampala, first off thanks for boldly sharing your experience... I extremely related and to be honest, since high school I have "almost been in relationships" too. It was pathetic but also part of growth... I guess we are all naive at some point in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There u go,...."almost in relationships" atleast you know how that feels like. Sometimes it feels a bit petty, but really, it's a part of learning, growing, evolving....maturing!

      Thanks for turning up babes!

      Delete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...