Monday, June 29, 2020

JUNE 30: ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER BLESSING!

When i was younger, probably 10 or 8, i wanted to be a grown woman, so bad that i, on many occasions, envied our maid; living an independent life, making personal decisions, earning her money and in a different way, i loved and admired the freedom she had in pursuing her love life.

Rhonet, if u see this, here are my eyebrows!


I wanted to be able to wake up, decide on what i am going to wear, make phonecalls, make plans, be a boss, create an empire, make rules and watch over my life!

I wanted to be independent, its all i really ever wanted; to clean my house whenever i felt like, (my dad used to do random checks in our bedrooms and shame those with unkempt beds at breakfast) i wanted my personal space, i wanted to walk around with flimsy ragged pieces of clothing,....all that grown up-ish, WITHOUT NOBODY INTERFERING in my damn business.

But above all my freedom needs, i wanted to experience the feeling of being in love, being loved, and having to love somebody. When Hope(my elder brother) started dating, i was always excited to tip toe into his bedroom, shut the door and dive into all the love letters he had received, and the drafts he wrote but never sent. It always elevated my mood. I loved the whole concept of loving, dating and everything that came along.

In my Primary Six, i happened to fall in love! Ululululu,....i am tearing up as i write this, because it feels as fresh and surreal, just like it was so many years ago. How it happened and how it ended is a whole other story,....infact, it survived for up to like three years! That was a huuuuuge achievement you guys! And i will leave it at that.

But the memory of my first kiss is one that lightens up my day, when the sky is more grey than blue. It's an ever-fixed landmark in the initiation of a girl into womanhood. It was warm, mint-fresh and relaxed. It was a moment. A feeling that gives me tingles even now that jot this down,.....banange PG 10+! I would like to hear about you guys' first kiss experiences, if u don't mind sharing.

Fast forward, tomorrow June 30, i will be adding another year to my already grown self. My mid twenties are rolling away in a flash of a split second, but i have never been happier my whole life, like i am at the idea of growing, maturing, and making every dream of mine come true!

I write this as a dedication to me and the dreams that i have seen manifest right in front of me, from the torn pages of my 2007 notebook, and all the years i could only think about a life i have now. And i dedicate it to all the people who are embracing themselves and carrying their heads straight on their shoulders, living their youthful years with pride and utmost fun.

Where are all the June babies @?


I am grateful that i have witnessed all the changes i ever wanted and a bit of those that came with growing up. I have lived alone since 2013, i have worked- earned, made plans, but i haven't become a boss yet though, haha. I have created a little empire for myself and my raging thoughts and i have a lovely audience that makes my dream manifest every other day. Thank you so much guys, for being part of this.

I wanted to date, to love,.....i have done that, so much that it feels a bit odd for me not love or be loved. I have had all the good and ugly encounters in my many relationships and life is much more sweeter today, knowing that my current relationship is very healthy, happy and fulfilling. I have done all the crazy things i ever wanted to, clubbing till 5 am, crazy house parties, romantic get aways, being able to support other people financially in my little capacity, gifting my parents and loved ones, taking solid steps in my career and all that.

When i look back at all the years that the heavens have blessed me with, i see nothing but favor. And as i usher myself into yet another year, I look forward to doing more crazy shit, and living life with a purpose. If there is one thing that we can't have back, no matter how much we can offer to buy, its our youth. Therefore, i will choose to have every thing done now, so when i am aged, i don't want to carry regret and sad stories with me. I want to be a little vibrant granny(If God so blesses me with that too).

She is a grown ass woman!


The advice i would give to that little girl in primary five with dreams so big they outshone her then present life, is to take it day by day, one step after another. I was impatient to be who i am today, it has taken me years of making mistakes, causing people pain, messing up my parents and breaking hearts of those who had pure intentions for me, but i threw everything away, hurrying to catch up,...i don't know with what. But one thing i am sure of is, IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!

The late night calls that went on for hours- earning me punishments from daddy the next morning,..the narrow escapades that filled my holiday seasons but brought me trouble with my parents, the little and big heartbreaks those boyfriends of mine brought, ..... it was all worth it! I don't regret a thing, because everything that was lined up in my path, led me to the ME that i am today.

Happy Birthday Dear self, Patie! Oh, in advance, until tomorrow 7 pm, hold up the excitement, darling.

Who is partying with me??????????????????






9 comments:

  1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ talking about first kissπŸ™†πŸ™†πŸ™† don't make me remember that day sis 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Patience ��������
    And Oh, my first kiss was awful!��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling!
      Im sorry u had a bad first,....but it gets better with time, preparation and the right person. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Uhmmmm, you mean you enjoyed your first kiss? Are you kidding me? For me it was less than expected. I used to see people on TV kissing and I thought enjoying someone's lips was as sweet as eating honey. Sadly, when I did it to someone, I didn't taste any sweetness in it. Anyway it was my first kiss, first girlfriend ..... Don't know when I will have another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huhhhhh! Okay, yes, i did enjoy it. But Christopher, how did u expect honey from someone's lips? This is cracking me up! But that's to be expected, movies put a lot of illusion into that stuff and somehow we expect more than can ever happen.

      Also, you need someone to love u up! Go get a girlfriend Christopher!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I mentioned that up. Closing my mid 20s, okitegela,....im aging!

      Delete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...