Thursday, May 23, 2019

DECISION MAKING, MY STORY.

Good morning lovelies! I hope you are having a beautiful day.

Me looking at my decision like, YEAH!

Today we are getting more 'close and personal' because I am revealing something about me that would get you a cringy face for a split second. It's to do with decision making so stick with me and let's get right into it, shall we?

When I talk about decision making, I'm giving full coverage to even the smallest of choices that we make each day, in our daily operations and  the tough decisions such as career choices, relationships, taking business risks and all those life aspects that must be handled carefully, if we are to reap good from them.

One of the decisions I had to make amidst so much controversy was branching off to persue my dream course(journalism and mass communication) after my O'level studies. In most cases, (particularly here in Uganda), parents won't consider such a thing as their child not taking a "straight" education path to University. It's the norm and I don't have a problem with it at all. It's only when one doesn't perform well in their final high school exams that they will consider taking some random course(I know of many cases). Sometimes it's to do with money issues, parents will many a times be forced to make a shortcut for their children when their financial status is not stable enough to sustain the University or even A'Level study expenses. Institutions of learning are usually a bit cheaper and so an option for such situations.
For my case however, it was never about any of the above situations. I had passed with a good first grade(aggregate 25/8) and I was short-listed for admission in one of the schools of my choice for A'Level. Money wasn't an issue either(to God be the glory), and career guidance was something that was (vital and inevitable) ...we didn't like these talks especially when the program fell on a Saturday at my school(Maryhill High School, Mbarara). Thanks to these annoying discussions, I was able to have a ground to say "this is what I want" and stick to it. One time when Mr @EthanMussolini(one of the most respected inspirational speakers here) was the guest speaker, he mentioned 'taking different paths to achieving a common goal'.....I got that and I have never looked back.(Sending my love to all Maryhillians around the globešŸ˜) You can follow and achieve your dream, even when you may not necessarily go through the same door that others have taken.

It was initially strange and kinda devastating for my parents but because I had a clear view of what I wanted and how I visualized my journey through it, they gave me a chance to lead my way and.....here I'm. I'm not where I want to be yet but I'm living a life with a purpose, I'm not complaining and I have never regretted my choice.

Workmates that become friends.


Many a times, we fail to make the right decisions one of the reasons being; Considering and putting into play how other people will feel about us and how they are likely to be affected by our choices. However, have you ever noticed that at the end of the day, we get back to saying: "If it wasn't for the sake of making my parents happy, I would be a better person in my career,...if only I had put myself and vision in the central arena, I would have achieved this or that....longing to please my partner is the reason I didn't take that training that could be of great help now.....lots and lots of stuff!

 We often give up our zeal and enthusiasm to do something amazing for our selves because we are busy thinking about how others will perceive our decision. But eventually, you will realize that these people don't actually care much about the lives we are living now and worse still, some have moved on from "those times" and we only have US! So what was the point in doing all this for everyone else but YOU?

I don't mean to sound selfish but I believe that if the people around us(family, friends, workmates, employers,..name it) love and care about us, they would be understanding enough to accept the little or big decisions that we make for our own good. Not focus on how they will benefit or not from the outcomes of our choices! How about you, what's your take on this issue?

That decision that you are about to make, is something you will appreciate in future. The interesting part is, when we make a choice with a pure mind, leave alone the advise that we need of course considering the depth of the matter, we go all in and hesitate to waiver on the journey that we embark on, because we are certain that whatever it is, we will be great at the end of it all. If we don't get exactly what we imagined, at least we will have learnt much about that field and we can always do better and better.

When Oprah Winfrey was asked what she will do if her show doesn't do well as projected, this is what she had to say. " The show will do well and if it doesn't, I will do well. Because I'm not defined by a show." So my dear one, don't let anything or anyone limit your adventure in or exposure to making a decision. Go right ahead and chose to start on that project today, take that school program, arrange for that tour, approach that person you fear and face every situation with utmost vigor and bravery.

See you again after you have faced and conquered that fear of making a decisionšŸ¤ Next Friday!! Have the best of the week and don't be a block in someone's way of making a choice, give them that extra push they need to make "A choice of their life." ✌️✌️

9 comments:

  1. I remember vividly the day dad called me in frustration about the decision you took in 2013. Right now I do sit back and reflect upon everything, and surely it makes sense. Thank you for sticking to the decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm glad you guys were eventually understanding. More so grateful that you have journeyed with me to today. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Great stuff. Always follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog. I think everyone should do what they are really passionate about. The hustle may not make sense at some point, but it will eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we all can't follow an "every man-one route" kinda thing. Every one can run their own race, what matters is getting to the finish line. Thanks for reading bubu.

      Delete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...