Friday, May 31, 2019

LET'S TALK; ORAL ISSUES, WISDOM TEETH



Hello everybody,.....its a good day here, i hope you are having a nice time wherever you are reading this from. How is the going? As for me, My oral situation as you can tell from the title is driving me to do more research than is comfortable for me haha... Quick Question: Do you know the reason why Wisdom Teeth are called so? If you do, good for you, if you don't, i got you. Just keep up with me right here!

Behind The Smile Lays My Bad 3rd Molars.

Wisdom Teeth are termed so because "they appear/erupt at a later time in life when one is believed to be wiser."

Now, you are probably wondering why on earth i would sit down and write about Wisdom teeth. But hey, i have a reason and the reason is, my wisdom teeth are giving me more trouble than my Maths assignments ever did. Apparently, i'm at the verge of having my two "third molars" removed, yeah 2 because the other 2 are gone already, hallelujah! We will get into detail but first i have some fun facts about teeth and the mouth as a whole, good for your soul. (Note: These are from sources on the internet, not my own research)

Tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the human body.(Oh really,...might be true, i have seen a couple of humans opening bottle crowns with their teeth, which is a 'genius' act but stupid practice)
Like finger prints, every one's tongue print is different.(Okay, for y'all suspecting your mates to have been kissed by someone, invest in finding out whose tongue prints will be found on their neck, haha)
An elephant grinds its molars and grows new ones. This happens 6 times in a lifetime.(Holy cow, why would this be so? Like this fattie fattie wakes up on a random morning and decides to accompany their vegetable breakfast with a molar, at that their own freaking molar! Okay elephant, what else do you want on your menu, your Teeny-tiny tail??)
An average woman smiles 62 times a day while an average man smiles about 8 times.(Well, no comment. Leave a comment down below about this fact)

Back to business: In July 2017, after a long time of buying painkillers, and changing my mouth wash for an improvement that never came, i decided to have two of my wisdom teeth extracted. Called my cousin who is dentist and scheduled an appointment, got myself together for the pain that i expected(i have had two extractions prior) and walked into that small room with dazzling light, a sort of operation chair(not table this time) and a simple table where the scary equipment lay that would later have a fun moment exploring and terrorizing my little mouth.
Look!! These Are The Stuff That You See And Develop Butterflies In The Stomach.
Early this year(2019) i wrote an article about what one needs to know concerning wisdom teeth. You can check it out via this link.
https://chimpreports.com/oral-health-what-you-need-to-know-about-wisdom-teeth/ That however was a little coverage since i'm not a dentist and haven't dealt so much with the case other than discovering that as my situation stands, my very own wisdom teeth have nothing like a role they play but only cause me trouble. I visited a dentist soon after they erupted and this is what he had to say,"its unfortunate that you are one of the people whose jawline isn't wide enough to accommodate the 3rd molars and so they are squeezed in, reason they are not in proper alignment. This is most likely going to cause you pain so its up to you to decide whether to get them out or let them be for now."


I didn't have much worry since they initially didn't act funny but after some few years, i started to notice that there was a sort of discoloration to which i thought,"Patie, you are not doing a good job, brush the damn teeth well." When i got cavities(on these shameless molars) i visited a dentist again and thus he explained,"Your third molars are in a complicated angle and however much you try, it's going to be hard to keep them clean, you should consider having them out." I then decided to get the two which were affected extracted. It's May 2019 and damn,.....i have to go back to the "chair" and get "clean."
Impacted Wisdom Teeth Appear In Different Angles. Mine lay in "partial eruption"


Good part is, my other dental sets are fine and have not showed any signs of 'defiance' so i feel good about that at least. The funny yet serious fact is, some people(a small percentage) happen to have a fourth set of molars(termed as Supernumerary teeth) as disclosed by Dr Gene McCormick who has practiced dentistry for over 40 years. "In my career, i have seen two cases where patients have had fourth molars-or two sets of wisdom teeth." He also went on to explain that "wisdom teeth can have even up to 5 roots." Or dear me, somebody hold my hand!

Now this ain't how i smile usually, just wanted to show off my "vampire" tooth, oh ,.i have a little diastema too.

So guys, maybe you dont have cavities, or Impacted wisdom teeth and your oral health is "crystal clear" haha,....but once in a while, you need to check with the dentist. Most of these dental issues don't occur overnight, its always an outburst of accumulating bits of unnoticeable problem build-ups. Stand warned, the pain of a tooth extraction is one that gives you nightmares long after the wound has healed even. Take care of your teeth like you would your diamonds.

I will catch YOU again soon, next Friday as we bring something else to the table. I love you all and have a fruitful week. GO GET YOUR TEETH CHECKED, THERE YOU HAVE WHERE TO START!




6 comments:

  1. Your mouth looks too small to accommodate all that teeth, o understand why they are giving you trouble. I am lucky I have a normal teeth setup. Thanks for the healthy tip. I want to see more healthy blogs from you. Waiting for next Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha,...true, my jawline is not "wide enough" ....glad you loved the health bit! i will sure do more reading and research on various issues so we have much to know in the health department. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. 1stly, Elephant's are considered to be the wisest of mammals with very long term memory...maybe that comes from eating their wisdom teeth (hahahaa)!
    2ndly, women being more emotion based tend to smile more (when they are either happy, or have seen a man doing something stupid= happy feelings,lol) and so tend to smile more often as a result am sure...bwahahahaaa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should do a review about 'elephant behavior', i'm curious to hear more of your opinions,.....they are hilarious.
      And i agree with you on the second point,...thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. I have liked this blog so much. I have learnt so much, given the fact that I also have teeth problems. Anyways Patie help me with your dentist's contact

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I appreciate the fact that you learnt something and visiting the blog too. I will get you via your inbox for the contavc details. Thanks!

      Delete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...