Wednesday, May 8, 2019

ON THE OTHER SIDE

So, what's on the other side?
In a black and white world, true colors show.

It can be all kinds of things. From here, there and everywhere. Random stuff someone can talk about. For today, i thought i would just drop these 'thoughts' here.

Lately i have been thinking about me,....thinking about my colleagues,....i have less girlfriends but they are girly! I, on the other hand, am not really that. I can leave home and go for five hours, minus a bag or purse, a jacket or a scarf. My friends don't do that. They want to have a chap stick, some wet wipes, a little shawl(just in case the weather gets a bit chilly)....but we are in Uganda,....you won't freeze girlfriend!!!! Here are facts about Kampala-Uganda weather↩

In Kampala, you will wake up to heavy rains, grab your overcoat, that thick scarf and get your ankle boots on,...ready for the day...oh yes you are! Time check; 11 am,....i assure you, you will need an extra bag to carry your layering bits on the side. Its already too hot. So, i have decided to keep it minimal,...moderate or no layering at all. It will be warm enough soon anyway. It's not like i discourage people from being prepared, just keep it sane. The extra sweater in your hand will most probably be left in the taxi(for those who own no cars yet ..like me)....Not a prophet of doom,...just saying!

On the other side, let's talk EMOTIONS!
If there is one thing that God gifted me with, it's emotions.(not much of a big deal, is it?) But hey, sometimes they keep us human. Imagine if you would hurt someone so deeply and feel no tiny bit of remorse, we wouldn't be human enough. However, for extra cases like mine, you won't need to hurt no body, or be hurt to get your mood hyped or anger flaring up, no, I need just a song that has those damn touching, relatable lyrics to 'whitten my eyes'...they say when you cry, you cleanse the eyes, Oops!
One other thing that snatches my moods is,....seeing two people happy. Sounds stupid,.....but yessssss. Each time I see people hugging, smiling from their souls, comforting someone, or when I hold and Pat someone's hand, ...that moment, that split second is too much for me to handle. I just can't take in how my heart feels. It's beyond happiness, it's like that moment in a flying dream just before you fall off the cliff, unexplainable!

On February 14th, that was Valentine's day, I had a magical moment with 'This other person', the candles, the chocolate...and while we were grooving ever so stealthily, Shallow started playing. OMG, what was I supposed to do? Shallow has been my best song since like forever. This time we weren't really dancing, we were just moving, cluelessly! So, when I couldn't swallow the goodness anymore, here is the conversation.
Me: Hey, that's my best song.... I'm gonna cry.
Him: Please don't, don't spoil this.
Me: ..... Already tasting my own hot salty tears!
I'm off the deep end, watch as i dive in-Best song in my world


Okay, what's on the other side? With this world where we rarely know how long we will have our loved ones, later on our own selves, I choose to enjoy every little bit of a good time that the world avails to me, love like I have never been hurt, smile like I just won lottery,....so should you. If you wanna cry because what you feel is beyond sweetness, happiness...cry,...it's part of 'my daily skin care routine', hahahaha. If you wanna apologize to someone, do it right now, it's not worth it buying 'sorry' flowers for one that is long gone when you would have hugged this person and made up. If you want to tell someone how you love them, don't hesitate, they might actually be waiting for you to say it, they have been waiting for so long,..pop the damn question!

Alright lovelies, I wanted this short and 'out of order' ...who wants to follow rules anyway? Sometimes it's okay to break a few rules, take some risks and eat chocolate in bed after brushing your teeth(hey teeth be nice, just tonight, no cavities....me cautioning my oral staff), break monotony.
  Me after my guilty pleasure....candy in bed, after brushing my teeth.

 Don't limit your chances of living life. Don't let people promise you "tonight" without "tomorrow" too, you will be disappointed. Learn to live beyond the confines of your good job, nice car and and the pretty apartment you got. Life is much more than that.

Love you all, catch you next Friday. It's a weekend, baby! Go catch up with your homegirls and homeboys,....there is where our stories begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...