Friday, September 13, 2019

YOUR DREAMS ARE STILL VALID, TAKE HEART!

"In life, we make choices, some good, others bad. Reliving my life is something i can't do, Starting over again seems nearly impossible but if i could, i would still choose........MY DREAMS." I read this phrase from a greeting card i got in my Primary Six, from my friend's sister. (Yes, i received many of those and some letters on cute writing pads, ...how nostalgic!) For some reason, it has stuck with me till now, if indeed i could,...start all over again, i would never look down on myself, later on my dreams.




Many a times, things don't go our way,(like they sure will always) and in the heat of the moment, we feel like and often actually do give up. I have been in a situation where i wasn't even sure if i wanted to face another day. Moments when i felt like i clearly didn't belong and i had no reason to go on and pursue what.....dreams? Career? or disappointments? There are two years of my life that got death and despair staring at me in the face, marking each passing day on the calendar till i would finally face my fate. It was hard, and my faith in my dreams dwindled with each tedious hour that went by.

My weaknesses and mistakes landed me into a life long heartache but so what? Did i have to let go of everything? All the years of school? All the plans i had ahead? What about my dreams that i could vividly visualize...even feel? Did i really have to let it all go down the drain? Flush them down the toilet in an instant? What then would be my purpose in life? How about the people who had high hopes in me? Those who have supported me along life's long journey, my parents, brothers and kids who saw me as their icon, did i have to break their hearts too?



So, everyone, before you let it all go, ask yourself some of the above questions. Look around you and put to paper how many people your decision is going to hurt. I know i have always preached the self-love sermon but you need to differentiate it from self centeredness and selfishness. Don't mix the two.
Before you give up that course at the university, look back at the struggle you went through to even secure your admission. Before you quit that job which is a milestone in your career, think about the sleepless nights expended in preparation for those interviews, the presentations and all those sacrifices you have made, just breathe,...and soldier on for the next week. Of course when enough is enough and you can't take it anymore, quit! There is always an open door, after a closed one.

While receiving an Oscar Award five years ago, in her acceptance speech, Lupita Nyong'o had this to say; NO MATTER WHERE YOU'RE FROM, YOUR DREAMS ARE VALID!
And i would like to re echo the same, it really doesn't matter where you're from, what school you went to, what family background or even what is going on in your life right now, IF YOU CAN STILL VISUALIZE AND FEEL YOUR DREAMS, THEY ARE STILL VALID!



There are mornings when i woke up and wrote a resignation letter, carried it with me to my work place, this was about 3 weeks after i got the job. But each day that i decided to quit, i would go to office and by the end of the day, i had a valid reason to get back the next day and work. Thanks to one of my bosses who was an open book for me to read and draw strength and inspiration from. And so can you! DON'T QUIT UNTIL YOU CAN'T 'NOT QUIT'.

If there is one thing i have learnt, it's to hold on just a little longer. To keep on the grip even when i feel my fingers getting numb. To show up for myself even when everybody shuns the party, because at the end of the day, YOU CREATE YOUR SUCCESS, others only join in and tag along.
DON'T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF AND YOUR DREAMS.



Love you all, take care of yourselves and chase your dreams.








14 comments:

  1. Thanks the blog dear. Our dreams are valid and everything is possible if you turn those dreams into goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, you can either sleep and dream,...or wake up and chase your dreams! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. My dear sis patiepolly,you really qualify to be my mentor.i salute you.Thanks so much.Love it so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that warms my heart. I'm glad you got something and thanks for reading! Reach out when you have a particular issue that you would like me to handle so we can share ideas.

      Delete
  3. ...There are two years of my life that got death and despair staring at me in the face...".

    Thanks for adding something on our knowledge, some people in the world depend on such shared experiences to find solutions to their challenges..

    Am just very inquisitive to know what really happened in those two years, kindly share with me, if not us. How has the situation like?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, i would prefer not to mention exactly what it was, but to give you more light; i made a mistake that affected not only me, but my family too. For security purposes, i choose to shield the real happening. It was all my fault, that's all i can say.And now that i have outgrown the fears and effects, i know how to say, DON'T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much dearest fo that piece of advice, me too I won't give up though sometimes I feel like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know sometimes it can be hard, but keep grinding and grinding. You will get there.

      Delete
  5. I love this darling...sooooo inspirational....its a great piece!!!!! Cudos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God. How long did it take you to put up this blog. You have 100% read someone's mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Different people can experience some stuff so ...that explains it.

      Delete
  7. From the day that I had the understanding to see you as my sister, you have been an inspiration all the way through. You are such a fighter and a darling. I know you to be the kind that won't give up even when you feel the situation is as dark. Thanks for encouraging a soul here. I know so many people are going to be encouraged by this blog. Keep stuff coming. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling ❤️
      What can I do, it's really amazing to know you are are inspired.

      Delete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...