Friday, May 29, 2020

LIFE UPDATE: OVERWHELMED BY LOVE, GRATEFUL

People across the globe are buried in intense anxiety, worry, fear of the uncertainties surrounding this whole COVID-19 situation. The bereaved are mourning the departed souls who lost the fight while many other households are clinging to God's mercy and hope for their next dinner-others are actually starving to death, unfortunately.



Sad as it may sound, some humans are taking advantage of this terrifying period to inflict excruciating pain on to others; people stuck with their violent husbands/wives are in fear of what next form of suffering they might be subjected to. Some people are dealing with their narcissist lovers who, even in such a time, are putting themselves first and draining whatever piece of peace that's left in the formers' lives.

Criminals are citing and using any kind of loopholes in the security system to unleash their long-concealed technics in murdering people, looting homesteads, and forcefully rustling away what's not theirs to take. It's tough and rough out there, and it may seem distant when it's not in your home, but it's surely happening.

But what about you? Have you taken a moment to give thanks to God for the mere gift of life? Have you counted your blessings that are still overflowing in your cup even amidst this situation? If you still can afford data to read this blog, if you still have full-course meals, if you didn't lose your job and are still hopeful for another brighter day, darling be grateful.

Religious or not, you must know that there is a higher power that's making it all easier for you. It's about that time when we all should be grateful for every trivial thing that has brought a smile on our faces.

At the beginning of the lockdown, I was excited - to be home, work from home, and enjoy the quiet of my surrounding. But as time went by, the situation hardened by the day, sad news seemed to be the order of the day. Anxiety crept in slowly and eventually took root. Everything changed and my heart grew so vulnerable to fear of the unknown.

A beautiful shot for ya!


But I have seen the hand of the Lord hoover over me and mine. I have witnessed extraordinary favor run down my wicked being and fill my heart with a new song every new day. I have seen my family get closer than it ever was, people calling in every day to check if I ate, slept well, or if I needed anything. I have received tonnes of love like never before, and I have tried to reciprocate the same.

I have never been so grateful for every minute that my heart was/ is at peace and life is still all I have. I have been humbled by the Lord's mercy that even in this situation of dire need for finances, he has blessed my soul with so much more, with little luxuries that I can't take for granted. Give me just one reason why I shouldn't have bragged about the unseen comforter, who answers even the unuttered little prayers.

And as life moves on, as we take part of our freedom back, as we go face to face with the looming virus, I hope that we can always remember that love conquers all. That there will be another day and be grateful for everything. I have lost an uncle recently, couldn't travel but my spirit rests in knowing that God is still here with us all and that no amount of misery can take us down.

My heart goes out to all those dealing with loss and all those who are lost in worry, hang in tight, tomorrow is yet another brand new day and dawn may break with your utmost breakthrough - TAKE HEART.

Love,
         Patie.





8 comments:

  1. Wow
    ....... so touching. Thnx beb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great piece sis..

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the beginning of the lockdown you were excited to be home naye kati you want it lifted. I believe there's lots of people who also thanked Sevo Sevo for the lockdown naye kati bagala egibweewo.

    ReplyDelete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...