Friday, November 22, 2019

YOUNG, DUMB AND BROKE!

What's the 'brokest' thing you have ever done?

Hello and welcome back to the blog guys. How have you been? Hope everybody is fine. So today, i have been kinda busy and i didn't prepare something for us, but hey, i thought we could do some chit chat here and there.

A little sun-kissed.


Have you ever been broke? Yeah...(In Jay-Z voice) I know you have ever been to that BROKECITY. I have been there, so many times. If we are being honest, there are somethings we do while we are dead broke and when we get some ka money, we look back and we are like; really, was that me? Did i exactly do that? And so on...

A friend told me she was broke and her tissue at home was gaming so when she hang out somewhere,..she legit carried the toilet tissue roll from the hotel washrooms. So just in case you thought its easy, its not, dealing with brokeness is hardddd!

Another friend of mine confessed to packing a chicken thigh in her napkin (because she couldn't ask for a foil since it was her little secret). You know that situation where someone takes out for some expensive dinner and you wish they could just give you even half of the money they are gonna pay?

But you can't say nothing because not everyone we dine with has necessarily to know our inside issues. If it has happened to you, you know exactly how it feels the following day when you only have a piece of chapati for breakfast.

Okay, lets now get up close and personal. Recently, like two months ago, i was dead ass broke. So, i plan my transportation for the day to and from work. It should cost me 4k or 4500 utmost. On that fateful day however, taxi's were scarce so we paid 1500 from Wandegeya to Ntinda. That's 500 extra on my usual budget.

Some more of me for you!


My head had to brainstorm for answers as to how i would make it back home. So, i work in Kiwatule and here is the thing; From Ntinda to Kiwatule awo nga ku bridge, its 500. Beyond that, you will likely pay 1000. So i tell this conductor that i have 500 paka awo nga ku PK Supermarket.

PK is close to my work place but not near enough. So i expected these guys to get me beyond PK atleast. To my deep disappointment, this conductor was as keen as an eagle. We approached PK and i heard; "Masawo, waliwo avaayo"! Whattttt? So, i couldn't argue, i got my sorry ass out of the taxi,...sort of picked my phone as if to make a call,...straightened my hair ..looked around...and the taxi sped off.

Damn,,,,now i had to move all the way down to my destination. I was angry but satisfied, because i had saved 500 to top up on my transport home.

So folks, if you are being honest, what is the brokest thing you have ever done? I know it's mid month so you could have even done some broke thing or stunt today, let's share and have some fun.
Till next Friday darlings, take good care of your selves. Hydrate and cheer up!

12 comments:

  1. When I had just joined campus, I lavishly spent all my upkeep like in the first two months, always hanging out in Wandegeya places and buying lunch from Turskys...And God, in the next days I was dead broke, like really broke (that's the most I have ever been broke)... I remember at some point taking porridge as lunch😂🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go,.....hahaha. Thanks for sharing. We have all been there.

      Delete
  2. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Kati ku bridge u wanted a taxi to first takeoff awo olyoke olamagewo paka ku office. U didn't want pipo in the taxi to notice that yo journey was still continuing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,...that extra 500 shillings is painful to give when you can commute for 4 minutes!

      Delete
  3. I remember in form 3 awo nga nange nelaba ng'owakabi kyoka I was staying at my aunt's place anti they had suspended me. And this good friend of mine (a girl) wanted me to buy her Rolex kyoka I was broke so I promised her the following day. And of course at that age I had to prove that I was man enough though I was nothing, anti adolescence stage. I had to lie to my aunt that I needed some books kumbe I wanted money to buy someone Rolex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha,...blame it on adolescence! What if your auntie, just like my dad would be,..asked to see the books you bought?

      Delete
  4. Haa, there are so many instances, I don't know which one to tell.... One time I had no any soap but I was supposed to take bath and wash, I went to the laundry tried to find those small broken pieces of soap left after others had washed, and when I failed to get enough I went checked all the bathrooms but in great hiding...

    Some time back I told my friends that am doing food fasting, that water is just enough for me.. Kumbeee.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha,.....that soap stunt is real. I thinking i have probably ever picked a piece of soap,....like way back in primary 3!
      For the fasting bit,...i haven't done, but i think its pretty smart! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  5. Enter these usual hotels/restaurant, comfortably seat my ass down thinking their food z in my lane and unluckly found damn expensive like nothing....now leaving out my of it z the hardest moment ever!! Wiz 4Ds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Antonio's ..that well situated restaurant in town to buy Samosas and was told a pair is 4k....shit! And there was this guy selling huge samosas for 500 each,...i just withdrew my order and off i flew!! Thanks for sharing Ronald.

      Delete

SECOND ANNIVERSARY: CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Cheers to Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary. Its Patie Polly's Take's second anniversary! Two years ago today, I did t...